The quick answer is: everyone. Having a role that’s high in your organisation’s hierarchy doesn’t mean you don’t need to collaborate, but it does affect how that collaboration works – our needs, priorities and methods.
Then again, we don’t just collaborate with people on our own level. Collaboration has to cross boundaries and businesses seamlessly – trying to work out what technology your clients or those in your meetings are using beforehand shouldn’t be an issue, you should be able to focus on the meeting itself.
So which one of these users are you?
Office-based information employee
This means you want to shift from thinking about how you use collaboration solutions to getting on with it: saving time, boosting productivity, simplifying your day-to-day process.
- Likely to handle your meetings in person – or occasionally web conferencing;
- Dabbling in instant message, have a barrage of emails, use your phone;
- Using a smartphone to keep in touch on the go;
- Mostly collaborating locally. We can help.
According to Forrester, 56% of employees regularly work outside the office. Keeping on track means being connected 24/7.
- Using a home office as your ‘primary’ location;
- Travelling all over;
- Spending a lot more time in meetings;
- Interacting with people in multiple locations at the same time;
- Having to access information quickly while juggling other technology. Cut out the hard work.
Executives have to be everywhere – and sometimes everyone – at once. Balancing competing tasks while creating consistency within the business, top-down, is tricky.
- Spending the majority of your busy work day in meetings;
- Keen on video over voice calls;
- Using a different device for different tasks throughout the day;
- Constantly on call and needing collaboration now – regardless of what tech is in your hands and where you find yourself. Find an easier way.
62% of employees work in multiple locations throughout the week, spending most of their day on the go. This could be a a requirement of your job or just a lifestyle choice.
- Spending most of the day on the go;
- Using co-working spaces to keep on top of email;
- Handling your communications in real time throughout the day;
- Using tools that allow interactive collaboration. We’ve got the perfect supplement.
We’re working behind the scenes to bring you thought provoking content, industry insights and exclusive access - get it all in your inbox.
Tweet us @SteljesBusiness and find us on LinkedIn to join the conversation, then leave us a comment below on how you’re pioneering the evolution of business. Join the collaboration - #SMARTpioneers